Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Christian Mystic Hermit Catholic: Correspondence with Thoughts on Day's Scripture Readings

(Correspondence with friend X, am earnest and sincere, life-long Catholic who suffers but not physically so much, but with mental illness.) 


While numb, the thumb and fingers are not currently burning so badly with pain.  I turn to my innate way of expressing from within to without, and without to within, relieving the temporal and longing for the Divine.   I'll add that it is very consoling at all times, day and night, to realize that God is we us; we are always with the Lord.  Never a moment goes by in our existence on earth or in heaven without His Real Presence.  I assume those who reject Him eternally are not; Jesus has said what happens to those souls.  It is sad; ;but there is always hope of conversion and deeper conversions.

I think it is beautiful how you pointed out how Jesus will come--with a voice like an archangel and with a trumpet of God (Thessalonians 4:16).

The news is very upsetting; it is hard to take my thoughts from the Americans and the thousands of Afghan allies whose lives are not in danger of torture, rape, and slaughter. It was preventable, but God will teach all of us the consequences along with those who allowed themselves to be influenced by a political party gone awry and some outlets of main stream news media driving complicit narrative to the public.

All I can do is pray and now return to the silence.  Turn off the noise of which all I can do to help is pray, and ask God's mercy.

It is yet another day of this Gospel in which it is as if Jesus is showing me the way, to walk through the midst of so much confusion and corruption in political "leaders",and also in what I have to face of the temporal church world.  Walk through the midst with Jesus and go away--rather than be thrown off a cliff, so to speak. Walk away with Jesus.  Be consoled in His Real Presence.

And then address my own choices that I make each waking moment and the ones I've made in the past--just yesterday, even--as to how I think and act and say and feel, how I love or grouse, how I depend upon comfort or am upended by pain. What I am not doing for God, and what little I am doing for Him--or that I could try to do more than suffer! I let the pain and the exhaustion of pain get to me, I suppose.

The orthopedic surgeon's PA said too soon to have the knee drained due to the steroid injection.  I did not realize it has only been six or so weeks since it was drained and injected.  I called back and asked if she could drain it--and not give the injection?  Having it drained would surely relieve a lot of pressure and some of he pain.  But I was told that it is the injection of steroids that keeps the swelling down.  But if it gets intolerable, I can call again and see if she might let me come in to have it drained.  It is very painful, and I notice how grumpy and exhausted I become from pain--and really not much I can do about it because pain causes fatigue, and pain causes a shift in ability to cope as well.  

Yet in His Real Presence, and with His Real Presence, I will strive to endure even though it seems unnecessary.  Surely getting it drained would help the pressure which is why there is pain in the nerves in there. I feel guilty for my bits of suffering compared to those trapped in Afghanistan and stuck living there under terrorist rule.  We will see what God does about our country, though, and our so-called leaders.  We all will suffer the consequences; that is how it goes on earth.

How was your appt?  Does the doctor give you ideas and suggestions?  I have felt that my coming to reality of my situation with the temporal church is not helpful to you, nor is it uplifting even if the truth of matters.  His Living Word is truth; but we don't see it easily when we have been used to what is taught as doctrine but actually are human precepts.  At least there is a remedy, and that is reliance upon His Living Word and in His Real Presence, and to converse with His Real Presence; and hopefully I will listen and try more to walk through the midst of all that, and go away from it in all aspects, for nothing is forcing me to even consider or think about that, and I can learn to not be triggered by reminders. 

No humans can change the system that has been for a long time; it is like any and all systems.  But there is good to be embraced and good to be rejoiced of various aspects that are of His Real Presence and those who follow Him and adhere to His Living Word, and to God's law of Love.

It seems there is not so much in the world itself to "love" except His Real Presence and His Creation, and those  souls created by Him and made easier if they follow Him and abide by His Word.  Yet we are called by His Real Presence to love our enemies, and to evangelize, spread the good news of His Real Presence and the means to learn more as in His Living Word and prayer, and to be consumed and consume in His Real Presence in spiritual communion.  

With Covid-19 and the strains coming from it, there will be not so much tangible consumption of His Real Presence in the form of tangible, consecrated Host.  I think His Real Presence in consecrated wine has ceased totally due to risk of transmitting the virus. But our souls in His Real Presence are quite capable by His power, to partake of His Real Presence spiritually.  Our souls and minds and hearts and bodies go through many graduations and evolve in our journeys which are the journey of our souls to God and into eternity when He chooses us to depart the temporal life, bodily.

Regardless, we can console one another with the truth that God is always with us, and we can always be with and in, God:  His Real Presence, the Trinity.

Love in His Love, and God bless His Real Presence in us!

No comments: