Monday, March 14, 2022

Christian Catholic Mystic Hermit: Bl. Marmion Comes to Spiritual Rescue!


Dear Dom Marmion, my friend in Heaven and who is with His Real Presence in person, please intercede on behalf of this sinus infection that seems worsening; it just is not leaving and the head is compacted, the sinus cavities painful, and I am ill more so when I try to get up, off-kilter in walking.  Please ask Jesus to heal the sinuses, and I am asking Him, as well.  Also, please put in a good word for my left eyeball as it is infected and scratched and a lesion, to boot.  

As you know, it's Lent in the temporal Church here on earth, and I'm offering myself, all of me to the depths and breadth of my soul as far as God has created this soul, for love of God and love of others, for the well-being of the people of Ukraine and all over the world who are in terrible struggles for their lives and their countries.

Just reading what Blessed Columba Marmion wrote, now published in Christ, the Ideal of the Monk, has given me a zap of faith and trust in His Real Presence to provide all that is necessary for my body, mind, heart, and soul, in His Holy Name.   Jesus, I trust in You!  I know it is Lent and trials additional tend to come at this time for those of your followers who are striving extra much to learn and grow in Your will, especially to love as God Loves.


"Christ Jesus will not leave our generosity unrewarded.  Was it not he himself the source of all grace as of all truth, who said: 'Give, and it shall be given unto you' (Lk 6:38)?  The one who gives to a neighbor receives in his turn from God.

'There are souls who do not advance in the love of God because God acts sparingly towards them; and God shows himself sparing because they are selfish and will not give themselves to Christ in His members. (...)  'With the same measure you measure, it shall be measured to you' (Lk 6:38).

"Herein lies the secret of the sterility of more than one soul; God leaves on their isolaitin those who surround themselves  with precaution to safeguard their selfish tranquility.  By shutting themselves off from their neighbor these souls close themselves off from God.  And as God is the fount of every grace, as without Him we can do nothing for eternal beatitude, what can a soul hope for that thus voluntarily closes the avenues of grace?

"'God lets himself be touched by our miseries, but on condition that we are ourselves sensible to the needs and miseries of our brothers. (...). Let us, too, give without reservation, let us listen to our Lord who tells us:  'I who am God, have loved this neighbor, I have given myself for him, I call him to the same beatitude as yourself; whey do you not love him, if not in the same measure as I have loved him, at least as ardently as you can for my sake and in me?'"

       by Blessed Marmion  (1858-1923)

God Bless His Real Presence in us!  Love in His Love!

No comments: