Monday, October 16, 2017

Catholic Hermit: Fondness for St. Teresa of Avila


Yes, I do have a fondness, an admiration and kinship for and with Teresa of Avila.

Her feast day was yesterday, Oct. 15.  More on my affinity to her, later, for yesterday I reminded that while she said famously that God is amongst the pots and pans--I stated that He is amidst the sander and drill gun on the deck I have today to finish sanding and priming before inclement weather strikes!

For now, I share this poem that she wrote, which is gloriously beautiful.  What else from Teresa?  Love, love and more love of God!


If, Lord, They love for me in strong
As this which bins me unto Thee,
What holds me from Thee, Lord, so long,
What holds Thee, Lord, so long from me?

O soul, what then desirest thou?
--Lord, I would see, who thus choose Thee.
What fears can yet assail thee now?
--All that I fear is to lose Thee.

Love's whole possession I entreat,
Lord, make my soul Thine own abode,
And I will build a nest so sweet
It may not be too poor for God.

O soul in God hidden from sin,
What more desires for thee remain,
Save but to love, and love again,
And all on flame with love within,
Love on, and turn to love again?

No comments: