Thursday, October 20, 2016

Catholic Hermit Kneels in Prayer


It has been a most challenging few days.  Am having on-going battle with Lowe's simply for two orders to be placed, return calls that employees promise.  Still no correct action, but a woman in kitchen install sales says she will call me back no matter if she has answers today or not.

It took a major meltdown on the phone to get that assistance.  At least it saved me from driving into civilization to have a well-justified upset at their customer service desk.  Another thought if need be, is to make a placard to carry, stand across the street from the store, and call for justice.

So this nothing consecrated Catholic hermit is quite human, of course.  The pain in the body is high which helps the emotions to be raw and real.  I did explain that to the woman who finally says she will advocate for me.  It would have been five minutes or less for Nicole in cabinets to simply go on her computer and order (for fourth time it will be)--finally--a correct height cabinet so the microwave will be at code height.

It would have taken five minutes for the manager or whoever he designated, to order the kitchen sink replacement for the one I paid for that got damaged when the countertops were removed.  Each employee involved in what would have been simple actions over two days ago now, would have saved multiple phone calls, emails--had they just done what needed to be done.

The excuses that they have customers all day--I reminded them that I am a customer who has been essentially in line for days, waiting patiently, up until awhile ago when the time arrived to let the feelings and situation be known in a more demonstrative way.  A shame, yes, that matters come to this.

So am trying to get the bodily pain under control and to turn to some task in here that I can possibly work on.  It will be to paint another coat of woodwork paint on bathroom trim and to paint the bathroom door.  I have it on sawhorses in what space I could create inside here, amongst tools and building supplies, unmounted countertops, and bathroom sinks in boxes that cannot yet be installed due to needing more tile for that counter.

I have been asking the Lord if all this is necessary--if this is what He has planned for me this day, and to be spending my time on earth in this manner and circumstances.  (I think I have cracked a tooth on a popcorn kernel last night: added pain.)  The answer I hear back from my query is to persevere, to pray, to put it in perspective.

To pray for the employees who, yes, have been rude in not returning calls, not following through: this is a major aspect of what is to be my life's purpose.  Patience?  Mercy, I have been so very patient for months and now three years of dealing with the kitchen issues.  So I think the virtues that most need my attention must be fortitude and temperance.

Plus, I must not let the devil distract me (as the employees are evidently distracted from follow through) from the many prayer requests that I have from others--serious, major, emotionally devastating issues in their lives!  

I WILL NOT BE DISTRACTED BY THESE RIDICULOUS DISTRACTIONS TO SERIOUS PRAYER NEEDS OF OTHERS!

This prayer of St. Paul addresses this day, this present moment.  I am not going to get down on the rough bare floors in here on knees that are painful, although it might seem a good penance.  At this point, I consider that God does not want me in foolish drama to cause my body suffering that would hinder the work I need to do.  My liver is flared up again, and I must press forward physically.

However, I will pray this prayer with my mind, heart, and soul on inner knees and also inwardly prostrate before the Lord, as each Word is so appropriate!  What a beautiful prayer, prayed humbly with great faith!  God knows even the most ridiculous yet needing-to-be addressed trials that can snag us from grace, peace, blessedness--from our focus on the spiritual work God has for us, for Him and others.

"I kneel before the Father,
from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named,
that he may grant you in accord with the riches of His glory
to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner self,
and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith;
that you, rooted and grounded in love,
may have strength to comprehend with all the holy ones
what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge,
so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

"Now to Him who is able to accomplish far more than all we ask or imagine,
by the power at work within us,
to Him be glory in the Church and in Christ Jesus
to all generations forever and ever. Amen."

No comments: