Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Catholic Hermit: Praise Him!


I awoke this morning with this hymn flowing from my soul through the heart and into my mind.  There is much healing in this hymn of praise.  I am reminded of my consecrated life as a Catholic hermit and what is my responsibility and calling.  From The Catechism of the Catholic Church, 920:
 
"Without always professing the three evangelical counsels publicly, hermits "devote their life to the praise of God and salvation of the world through a stricter separation from the world, the silence of solitude and assiduous prayer and penance."

Just recently, the praise of God which I embold- ened here and above, stood out to me as never before.  The following hymn is a simple and easily rendered exultation of His Real Presence within us.  The Holy Spirit surely sang this from my soul, early this morning.  I have echoed it back through the words at times, and at other times today finding the tune lightly blessing the silence. 

Ask of His Real Presence for a daily hymn.  You will be surprised how uniquely formed to your life and that of others and how refreshing the ways in which you will discover the hymn He gifts.  [To learn the tune, listen to it on YouTube.]

God bless His Real Presence in all of us!

Praise Him! 

 Author Unknown


Praise Him, Praise Him!
Praise Him in the morning,
Praise Him in the noon-time.
Praise Him, Praise Him!
Praise Him till the sun goes down.



Love Him, love Him,
Love Him in the morning,
Love Him in the noon-time.
Love Him, love Him,
Love Him till the sun goes down.



Trust Him, trust Him!
Trust Him in the morning,
Trust Him in the noon-time.
Trust Him!  Trust Him!
Trust Him till the sun goes down.
 
 
Serve Him, serve Him!
Serve Him in the morning,
Serve Him in the noon-time.
Serve Him!  Serve Him!

Serve Him till the sun goes down.
 

  
Jesus, Jesus!
Jesus in the morning,
Jesus in the noon-time.
Jesus,  Jesus!
Jesus all my whole life long!

No comments: