Thursday, June 30, 2022

Christian Catholic Mystic Hermit: Which Does Christ Bless in the Revealing: Flesh and Blood or Our Heavenly Father?

 What is better, we might do well to ask ourselves:  for flesh and blood--the temporal and those in it--to reveal to us His Real Presence, God's will through the Holy Spirit, a path in life, a vocation, or for God, our Heavenly Father, to reveal these matters to us?

We have the answer from Jesus in today's Gospel reading for Mass, or for any Christian reading Matthew 16:13-19--the answer is clear.  We also can deduce that there are positive consequences when we look to and listen to His Real Presence, to God the Father, Jesus, the Holy Spirit--the Trinity--to guide, teach, lead direct, tell and reveal what He wills and desires to us. 

Read the following, and let us pray that we can be as Peter (and Mary of Bethany who also grasped these realities) to learn and hear and know from God, the better part and His will always.  Especially for a Catholic hermit, for God to lead me into the hermit vocation but also to lead me into the Catholic Church, the increasing silence of solitude and being hidden from the eyes of others, of being stripped increasingly of the wonderful attachments of life and in the temporal world, to be called to suffer tremendously--any of us who are baptized, consecrated, led, taught, guided and loved thus by His Real Presence can but boast in the Lord, for there is none other but our Heavenly Father, Jesus His Son, and the  Holy Spirit of whose authority and grace is so precious and beloved.  

I give thanks and praise to His Real Presence for having consecrated me as a Catholic hermit, and I must also give thanks for the suffering He gives me increasingly, especially in the progression of bodily ailment and the sufferings of heart that are even more painful.  While I wonder at times at some of the ugliness and evil, the hurt and corruption, as well as the fixation on the temporal and what humankind has added and altered of the temporal Church, I must never forget that I was called to the Catholic Church to suffer--that my sufferings and the sufferings of Holy Mother Church shall be made One!  My body, mind, and heart are called to suffer in reparation and with His Real Presence for the sorrows He bears of what occurs in His Church.

I am not the only one, not the only mystic or other--Catholic hermits over the centuries, and victim souls of the Sacred Heart of Jesus--suffering servants-- who have been and are and will be called to suffer this so deeply, for and with the sufferings of Holy Mother Church.  (I especially needed this reminder today, for sometimes it seems I cannot suffer any more, that I will not be able to suffer unto the end, to suffer unto blood.)

From Matthew 16:

He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
Simon Peter said in reply, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."
Jesus said to him in reply, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

God bless His Real Presence in us!  Love in His Love!

No comments: