Thursday, September 28, 2017

Catholic Hermit: Birthday Novena Thoughts on Wisdom


Day #6 of Birthday Novena day's thoughts written to a friend: on wisdom, based on The Book of Wisdom, Chapter 9.


Amazing that simply by God's word (and Word), all things are and were created.  And, we are to rule and govern with wisdom--and holiness and righteousness.  Plus, without wisdom, no matter how marvelous a mortal we might be, we are nothing.  Without wisdom we are nothing.
Taking a back pain break, and I see that wisdom has been with God from the beginning and is seemingly inseparable and is one with God, and foremost and primary, not to be reduced in function.

Wisdom can be sent from God, and I am convinced He sent it to you a long time ago, perhaps a gift when you were in your mother's womb, or sent with on-going updates and additions to the power and breadth of wisdom.

Regardless, I find it fascinating how crucial is wisdom and that union with God could not occur without the person seeking union having wisdom, as God is Love but wisdom right in there, deep in and exuding from God in All Three Persons.

Also, wisdom is so integral with God that wisdom understands what pleases God; and wisdom always conforms with God's will and desires.  So this makes it marvelous, and I have observed the fruits of wisdom in your life and person over the now ten or nine years, I think it is, that we have known each other.

Wisdom guides a person, and wisdom lets the person know what is pleasing to God so that the person then pleases God and understands more of God's will.

Since wisdom knows and understands all things and guides the person prudently, wisdom in a person lends to a peaceful and tranquil life--a life pleasing to God and to others, with the peace of Christ and remaining in His love very solid.

Just a few more thoughts.  I admit that I, about fifteen or so minutes ago, did pray and ask God to send wisdom to me through the Holy Spirit.  I'd love to have even an ounce of the wisdom you've been given!  I need wisdom, I realize very much, and it is kind of ironic how the coming upon the ninth chapter of wisdom, as a result of feeling the nudge to look at the Book of Wisdom for this novena, that wisdom came to the fore of gifts and attributes you possess--and no doubt God wanted me to see my lack thereof!

He has such a sense of humor, does God!  Keeps things light and flowing, does God's humor.

I find it amazing that until this and thinking of you in overall virtue and of how wisdom so stands out, that I did not realize how vital is wisdom.  It is from wisdom sent by God through the Holy Spirit, that "paths of people on earth" (who possess wisdom!) are made straight, that people know what pleases God, and that they are saved by "Wisdom."  So is Wisdom that ultimately integral with God?  Must be!  It is the first gift, I think, that is mentioned as a gift of the Holy Spirit.


Those without wisdom, though, have a rough time of it.  Wisdom does seem necessary in order to have union with God, Christ--in the Holy Spirit.  Wisdom is very supernatural as a gift, it surely seems.  it is important to ask for it and to really desire to have wisdom, and then if one is blessed to receive wisdom, to appreciate and put it into holy effect.

Wow, you are so blessed, K!  Thanks to you and seeing the wisdom in you, my path might be made more straight and I will better know how to please God and to be saved by Wisdom, by realizing how important to ask for Wisdom and wait for the Holy Spirit in faith to receive Wisdom!

Thank God and thank you!




No comments: