Thursday, February 9, 2017

Catholic Hermit Shares Beautiful Catechism of Catholic Church Selection


In light of loving God in Himself and loving others (through God's love, by God's love) the following citation from The Catechism of the Catholic Church.  It is a beautiful reminder of our purpose in life.  I pray every human can come to this acceptance of vocation even if we do not realize it by those terms--but that we get the gist, that we grasp that we can be transformed by His Love.

"1877 The vocation of humanity is to show forth the image of God and to be transformed into the image of the Father's only Son.  This vocation takes a personal form since each of us is called to enter into the divine beatitude; it also concerns the human community as a whole."

Now, here in my cozy yet rough-hewn and barely livable hermitage, I continue to rest on the mattress while the physical pain of this mortal frame gradually subsides.  Perhaps tomorrow I will be up more and back to the manual labor.  I admit that I've asked the Lord if this type of work and existence is the purpose He desires of me.  Then I remind myself that Jesus and His dad were carpenters; it is good work.  While waiting for health and the inner motivation to proceed in the temporal, I pray and ponder and hope you readers are remembering how much God loves each of us.

God bless His Real Presence in us!  Remain in His Love!

No comments: