Monday, August 29, 2016

Catholic Hermit: God's Law Gives Us Daily Gifts!!


Today's Psalm reading proclaimed for the Memorial of the Beheading of John the Baptist so inspires this nothing consecrated Catholic hermit to seek and find and live God's commands.  The promises given, the gifts we receive by simply following God's Living Word and Way of Life--all the more for us to love about His Real Presence!

God is so generous!

From Psalm 119:

"How I love your law, O LORD!
It is my meditation all the day.
Your command has made me wiser than my enemies,
for it is ever with me.
I have more understanding than all my teachers
when your decrees are my meditation.
I have more discernment than the elders,
because I observe your precepts.
From every evil way I withhold my feet,
that I may keep your words.
From your ordinances I turn not away,
for you have instructed me."

On awakening to yet another day, I have yet another opportunity to consciously be with His Real Presence in striving to endure what is increasing suffering which makes it all the more precious to persevere.  I've picked a quart of berries and some tomatoes--of which these latter hide amidst leaves and require perspective and perception as do the berries!

Although quite challenging, I must make the body climb the ladder to begin caulking and removing some nails from under the back roof overhang.  The ladder position in two places is treacherous since there are steps on either side of a deck.  Those areas make it difficult to reach up and under, requiring twisting the body around and back.

A few minutes ago some nerve pain provoked an unintended scream.  Mercifully, the pain ceased.  The eyes are drowsy, the mind wanting to remain in a resting position on this mattress.  But that is not going to help body, mind, heart, or spirit!  That is not going to build up stamina necessary for tasks at hand.  I ponder how blessed we are that God proffers a fresh, new day--every day!

I awoke from pain at 3 a.m., well enough in time to pray for a friend having a hip replacement a few time zones away.  She thought I'd not be able to pray during her surgery time.  God provides!  Pray I did!  The friend is now hopefully sedated in a hospital bed with a new hip.  I joked with her that she is losing her hip for Christ--as John the Baptist lost his head for Christ....

I'm praising God for the ability to get up off the mattress, to be able to climb a ladder, for the fruitfulness of produce, and for the sheer generosity of His offering me yet another day, another chance, to pray, praise, and to love Him above all things and others as Jesus loves us.  God bless His Real Presence in us--little children all!

No comments: