Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Christian Catholic Mystic Hermit: Sifting Through in Present, the Past Considerations on Hermit This or That


The reason those of us who are Christian Hermits, Catholics, and the lot, have chosen not to be "Diocese" or "Canonical" or 1983's human-devised "Canon Law 603" hermits has little to do with being more hidden or small, although these are valid points as to why not be the other.  

The real reason we choose not to be that which humans have created and perpetuate, is that we prefer to be "God's Hermits."  This means more in depth than I wish to write, for I've written and written about this over the past 23 years, with 17 years of the writing including blogs.

I just felt it good to set the fact out there, and being "God's Hermit" my self, has become so intimately deeply inculcated and immersed as my ontological, spiritual, mystical being, that there is no need to explain further.  It is as it is; and being God's hermit rather than a diocese or CL603 or canonical hermit, all being interchangeable terms for that format and choice, is a beautiful choice for those of us who are chosen by God to be God's hermits and not the other fairly recent designation.  And those who chose that other designation and feel God has called them to that designation I am sure have their heartfelt reasons for doing so.  

Just wanted to clarify.  Yes, God's hermits are hidden and small amidst many other facets spiritual, interior, and bits of human exterior as well tossed in. But being small and hidden is not the defining term; God''s hermit is the definitive descriptor/s or term, if one even needed.  I'm at a point in my spiritual life and vocation that I do not need to think of myself with a term, label, or descriptor/s.  It is, after all, a pathway God has chosen for me and it seems many others over the centuries, for this life, not for eternity.  I have learned that not being the other, I really do not know why they chose the diocese/canonical/1983 CL603 designation. It does not matter, whichever, other than to the persons' own sense of calling and choice made. 

God bless His Real Presence in us.  Let us love in His Love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am contemplating to be a Catholic hermit here in the Philippines. How do I start? Do I rent a place and beg for donations to survive but the thought of being given to God every moment of life is simply spiritually fulfilling.