Sunday, June 27, 2021

Catholic Hermit: Christian Mystic/Mysticism

 Transferring some posts from my other blog. Consolidating.  Here's the first:


A working definition of Christian mysticism, proposed by leading expert Bernard McGinn:

"Mysticism is that element or part of Christian belief and practice that concerns the preparation for the consciousness of, and the effect of what the mystics themselves have described as a direct and/or immediate transformative presence of God."

I'm only just beginning to get this blog up-and-running.  It will be of my thoughts and experiences as a Christian mystic, the reality, the human elements, my imperfection yet the graces of God.  Mystics tend to have a compulsion to express what can be inexpressible of God; yet they also desire and live not only for union in God but also for others to be inspired and aware of how accessible is God in our within-and-without, truly and really present to us and wanting us to come into Him, to love Him as He so very much, perfectly and fully loves us!

I'm not particularly tech-savvy so am trying to figure out this blog thing: I'm praying to include photos once I get more into the creative effort.  But I rose with and in Christ on Ascension Thursday, two days ago, in very temporal as well as mystically spiritual aspects.  Now I am in the waiting preparation--God's waiting "room"--of which we all wait when in the various transition periods of our earthly, temporal-spiritual lives.

More later....  I must get up from bed of constant suffering, and try to build the body stamina with some much-needed manual labor around here where I live as a religious solitary with His Real Presence:  Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  And it is here in this temporal place, a house in quiet neighborhood, from which I also live as a lover of other people near and far, here and the world over--and with a prayed-for balance that includes very much a sense of humor!

God bless His Real Presence in us!  Love God in Himself, and love others as God loves!

No comments: