Friday, June 27, 2014

A Hermit Shares the Word from Paul the Apostle


And now a word from the Apostle Paul....





"Therefore, since we are justified by faith

we have peace with God 

through our Lord Jesus Christ

through whom we have obtained access 

to this grace in which we stand

and we boast in our hope 

of sharing the glory of God

And not only that, but we also 

boast in our sufferings

 knowing that suffering produces endurance

and endurance produces character

and character produces hope

and hope does not disappoint us, 

because God’s love 

has been poured into our hearts 

through the Holy Spirit 

that has been given to us." 

Romans 5:1-5 




Justified by faith, peace with God, Lord Jesus Christ, through whom obtained access, grace we stand, boast hope, sharing glory of God, boast sufferings, suffering endurance, character, hope does not disappoint, God's love into our hearts, Holy Spirit given us....


Am increasingly excited about reconnecting with Elizabeth of the Trinity.  She loves St. Paul, too, as many of us do.  I miss the climbing rose at my previous hermitage that I planted in honor of St. Paul and of Sr. Elizabeth's attachment to Paul's phrase referring to Christ as in:  A praise of Glory!  

The fragrant, red rose, was named by someone at Jackson-Perkins' rose company or whoever cultivated the variety:  Blaze of Glory.  I renamed it Praise of Glory.  Oddly, although the new owner wanted all else stripped but a handful of trees, she wanted this particular climbing rose and another in honor of my old spiritual Da named by the cultivator, "Stairway to Heaven," and a third rose called "Joseph's Coat." that was a prayer bloomer for my son.
Praise of Glory Climbing Rose [J-P: "Blaze of Glory"]

Also as an addendum, I am inspired by a blog online by some Spanish hermits, or so I think due to translation required from their native tongue.  I discovered their spiritual writing from their having noticed my poor-but-heart-felt blog.  While I do not read blogs, I note their spiritual quality; and I ask their prayers for my writing and sharing and more so for my soul's ascent in this spiritual journey.  I promise my prayers for them, as well.  

Currently I confront added pain as well as manual labor burn-out.  But as for my spirit and soul...

I can boast in hope and boast of the sufferings and receive endurance, character, hope that does not disappoint.  God's love is poured into my heart, the Holy Spirit given me now, today, and always.  I am justified by faith, have peace with God, stand in the grace accessed through Jesus Christ, and share in God's glory.


Praise of Glory!  Lauden Gloriae!


No comments: